As a leading enterprise in the environment industry for many years, Việt An Group (VAG) has continuously developed strongly, creating a reputation and a deep imprint in the market. Being in a prominent position does not mean that there are no challenges, and VAG’s problem is even more difficult than many other businesses because its ecosystem includes 12 subsidiaries and over 250 employees operating throughout Vietnam, in three regions, North, Middle, and South.
VAG – A great position goes along with more challenges in management
VAG is a leading unit in the field of environmental monitoring and analytical equipment, applying the latest technologies such as IoT, data centers, and AI into solutions. With over 12 years of operation, VAG has installed over 1,000 environmental monitoring stations, providing analysis and measurement equipment to factories to support intelligent production processes.
VAG has gone through a very rapid development stage and has maintained its position for many years. However, with pressure from expanding scale and from being a market leader, the difficulties are increasing day by day. The fortunate thing for VAG is that it has a very enthusiastic leadership team who are willing to learn and face their problems, but they tried to apply different methods and business management software, they were not effective at all for the whole team, just a separate tool, didn’t have a management mindset.
Below are the challenges that VAG faced at the time, Simplamo platform appeared like Savior as the most suitable business management software with effective tools for tracking performance KPI/OKRs and empowering the proper tasks for your employee, that fits with their capacities
Firstly, let’s take a look at the challenges VAG are facing before Simplamo appeared:
- Complex human resources system with over 250 employees.
- In disconnection, the departments operate separately, do not care about the common goal, and everyone just worries about their tasks.
- The leadership team is struggling to manage the 8 subsidiary companies (as of 2020), each of which operates differently.
- Losing control internally, and difficulty in uniting the team with a common goal, and that makes many employees leave.
- KPI and OGSM have been applied but not successful, causing a waste of time and resources for a long time.
- There is no efficient enterprise operations software.
Faced with a difficult problem, Mr. Nguyen Hoai Thi – Chairman of VAG said: “A comprehensive business management platform combined with OKRs and KPI from Simplamo platform is exactly what VAG needs right now”
Perfect solution for the VAG when technology approach in the right way
Starting to use Simplamo in March 2021, Simplamo faced a big question from the VAG team. They had previously applied many different software and complex management methods but still lacked effectiveness, then a software called Simplamo – Simple & More, simple and focused on the core, could solve the problems that the others could not.
Simplamo is simple but simple enough to operate a business, that simplicity is the unique icon, indeed, Simplamo is the crystallization of modern management thinking of the 21st century.
To start this journey, Simplamo starts from the most fundamental things of an organization, helping to change the mindset of the team weekly and continuously over a long time.
- Firstly, with Simplamo’s Vision Board, VAG easily builds a strategic vision board for their business, in a clear and easy-to-understand language. Through Simplamo, this Vision Board is widely communicated throughout the organization, with each employee understanding the core values, vision, and mission of the business, thereby creating a common voice and building connectivity between departments and the entire organization.
- Secondly, with smart goal-setting and measurement, combining KPI and OKRs, Simplamo helps VAG identify quarterly goals to focus team resources, minimize confusion, and weekly track business activities.
- Thirdly, and most importantly, Simplamo’s weekly meeting tool helps VAG solve current challenges. With a smart 7-step meeting framework, integrated problem-solving tools, and todo and auto report sending, it has helped VAG to solve a series of bottlenecks, connect the team from top to bottom, and continuously update feedback every week. Through this meeting tool, VAG’s leadership team has a clear understanding of the organization’s situation from top to bottom and saves many hours of exhaustion in traditional meetings.
- Fourthly, to answer the question of rearranging the organizational chart for more than 250 personnel, operating in 8 departments, Simplamo’s approach is to build an accountability chart based on the basic functions of a business that can run well in the next 6 to 12 months. With flexible functions in arranging and based on pre-set scientific principles, Simplamo helps VAG easily adjust and expand the chart to meet the development needs of the business.
- Fifthly, the employee evaluation tool (performance report) provided by Simplamo is also a highlight, with the flexibility to set specific goals, track performance regularly, and provide detailed and objective feedback to help employees improve their performance and contribute more to the business.
In conclusion, Simplamo provides a complete solution for businesses in problem-solving, with a scientific approach that helps organizations change their mindset and improve their performance in the long term.
Sharing from Ms. Hoang Thi Kieu – CEO of VAG:
“Having been involved in managing many companies before, Kieu understands that many businesses are facing similar difficulties as VAG. To solve these problems, businesses should use Simplamo software.
We hope that small and medium-sized enterprises will soon find and apply Simplamo to solve management problems, and focus on developing products and services to increase value for customers.”
Impressive 30% annual growth thanks to Simplamo
As of December 2022, VAG has been using Simplamo for nearly 2 years. In addition to effectively addressing the issues raised in the brief and building a standard operating framework for its 12 subsidiary companies, the following achievements have been made:
- Achieved 30% annual revenue growth despite difficult economic conditions
- Increased the scale and number of subsidiary companies from 8 to 12, and developed vigorously to seize opportunities from the market
- Reduced meeting time by 40% and significantly increased work efficiency
These achievements are thanks to the determination and solidarity of the VAG team, as well as the enthusiastic implementation of Simplamo by the consulting team.
Sharing from Mr. Nguyen Hoa Thi – Chairman of VAG:
“The secret to successfully managing multiple subsidiary companies is that they should have the same management approach and speak the same language. I manage 12 companies according to the standard framework from Simplamo, and managing everything becomes easy because we all think the same way. In other words, Simplamo helps me liberate my leadership”
To bring success to businesses and free up leadership, Simplamo will continue to accompany VAG in its sustainable development.
Simplamo is a modern management software that combines BSC, OKRs & KPI. Simplamo is suitable for various industries, helping them focus on goals and grow revenue.
Simplamo provides strong tools for effectively executing your strategies: Vision, OKRs & Goals, Scorecard, Organization Chart, Meeting, Issues, To-dos, Conversation, Process, and Performance Report,…
Sign up for a free trial of 30 days: https://app.simplamo.com/sign-up